- Can I purchase a used WaterRower at a discount?
Used WaterRower's can ONLY be purchased by going through our rental program. For more information on the rental program, please see our rental page:Rent a WaterRower
- What maintenance is required?
The WaterRower requires only routine maintenance is to keep an eye on the quality of water in the tank. Rent a WaterRowerPurification tabletsare recommended to be added every 3-6 months. Purification tablets are supplied by your localWaterRower officefor the life of your machine. Customers in the USA and Canada can orderhere.Unlike other rowing machines, the WaterRower has no cogs and chains and so no oiling is required.
- If I have a problem with my WaterRower what do I do?
In the event you may have a problem with the functioning of your WaterRower, we have an extensive online Service website with drawings, videos, instructions and troubleshooting to help determine what the problem is. You can also contact any of our Customer Service representatives at your local WaterRower office or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Are there resources available for beginner rowers?
Pleasevisit our HowToRow.com websiteto see tips about getting started on your WaterRower, as well as advice on rowing technique and workouts.
- Can I purchase a used WaterRower at a discount?
- What are the weight/height limitations?ModelUser Height MaxUser Weight MaxNatural Series37in / 94cm inseam700lbs / 317kgDesigner Series37in / 94cm inseam700lbs / 317kgM1 Series40in / 101cm inseam700lbs / 317kgA1 Series39in / 99cm inseam325lbs / 147kgXL Rail option41in / 104cm inseamDual Rail with Hi-Rise37in / 94cm inseam600lbs / 272kg
- What are the differences between the models?
There are various models of the WaterRower, each are designed to suit a specific environment. There are no major mechanical differences to each model, just the hard wood used and the finish.
The Natural Series is made out of solid Ash wood, the WaterRower Natural is finished with a Honey Oak Stain and Danish Oil and the WaterRower Club is finished with Black and Rose Stain and Danish Oil.
The Designer Series consists of the Oxbridge, ClassNameic and S1.
The Oxbridge is constructed in solid Cherry wood and the ClassNameic in solid American Black Walnut wood, both finished with Danish Oil.
The S1 model has similar dimensions to the wooden models but the frame is made from Stainless Steel.
The M1 series consists of the Lo Rise and Hi Rise version, designed primarily for the commercial environment.
The Hi Rise version has elevated legs to provide the WaterRower with elevated seating position and an easy on, easy off entry point.
Both M1 models are constructed in aluminum and powder-coated in a variety of customer color options.
The A1 Series is different to all of the above models in that is it a mono-rail design, the Natural, Designer and M1 series are all dual rail.
This A1 Studio version is engineered for use in group-x classNamees such as Indo-Row and ShockWave. This series is constructed out of solid Ash wood and aluminum rail.
The Studio version, the Ash wood is finished with a Honey Oak Stain and Danish Oil, where the Home version, the Ash wood is finished with only Danish Oil.
- Is there a lot of assembly involved?
Assembly of each model requires joining the main components together. Assembly should not take longer than 45 minutes. All that is required is a 5 mm allen wrench. Videos can be foundhere.Once assembled, water will need to be added to the tank. This can be done either using the hand syphon pump provided or hose. Please, refer to the manuals for water level recommendations. Be careful not to overfill the tank.
- What is the difference between the standard vs. upgraded footboard for the wooden S4 models?
The way the standard and upgraded footboards adjust is the most significant difference. The standard footboard uses a push-button adjustment while the upgraded footboard uses a dual-pin adjust method. To note, the A1 and M1 models also come with the dual-pin adjust method footpads. To see the footboard adjustments in action, you can find videos on the two here: Standard S4 Footboard Upgraded Footboard
- What are the dimensions of each model?StateHeightLengthWidthWeight (in lbs)INCMINCMINCMIn poundsIn kilogramsWooden UnitsIn Use20in5182 1/4in20922 1/4in57Dry: 76 1/2lbsDry 30.5kgStanding82 1/4in20920in5122 1/4in57Wet: 103 1/2lbs*Wet: 47kgTank Box24in6128in7124in6156 lbs25.5kgRail Box6 1/2in1785in2163 1/2in930lbs14kgS1In Use19.5in5082 1/4in20922 1/4in57Dry 98 lbsDry: 44kgStanding82 1/4in20919.5in5022 1/4in57Wet: 125 lbs*Wet: 57kgTank Box24in6128in7124in6167 lbs30.5kgRail Box6 1/2in1785in2163 1/2in945 lbs20.5kgA1In Use20in5185 1/2in21222 1/4in57Dry 71 lbsDry: 32kgStanding83 1/2in21220in5122 1/4in57Wet 98 lbsWet: 44.5kgTank Box21in5428in7124in6148 lbs21.5kgRail Box10.5in225614313 1/2in3533 lbs15kgM1 Lo-RiseIn Use20in5188in22422 1/4in57Dry 111 lbsDry 50.5kgStanding88in22420in5122 1/4in57Wet: 148 lbsWet: 67.5kgTank Box24in6128in7124in6166.5 lbs30.1kgRail Box15in3886in2193 1/2in930 lbs13.6kgM1 Hi-RiseIn Use28.5in7188in22422 1/4in57Dry: 120 lbsDry: 54.5kgStanding88in22428.5in7122 1/4in57Wet: 157 lbsWet 71.5kgTank Box24in6128in7124in6166.5 lbs30.1kgRail Box x215in3886in2193 1/2in921 lbs each9.5kg each
- What is the warranty?
One Year on frame and components. We offer a free upgrade to your warranty upon registration, the upgrade includes; full Five Year Warranty on the wooden frame and a full Three Year Warranty on all components. Register your WaterRower. You will need tolocate the serial number of your WaterRowerto register. Read full warranty terms.
- What is needed to use the heart rate function on the S4 monitor?
For Heart Rate to be displayed on the S4 monitor two additional items are required - a chest belt and a receiver plug-in connector. WaterRower offers a choice of the Polar Analog Heart Rate Monitoring Kit and the ANT+ Digital Heart Rate Monitoring Kit. Each kit comprises of the chest belt and receiver plug in connector.
- As a Californian resident, do I need to be concerned about any Proposition 65 listed chemicals in the WaterRower product line?
WaterRower has performed meticulous reviews of the materials in our product and together with extensive communications with raw material suppliers and legal counsel as well as detailed testing of the product by a domestic 3rd party environmental regulatory group, the results establish that the materials used in the manufacturing of the WaterRower rowing machines maintain the estimated exposure levels below the advised guidelines for Proposition 65 warnings. At this time, No Significant Risk Levels (NSRLs) for cancer-causing chemicals and Maximum Allowable Dose Levels (MADLs) for reproductive toxicity apply to our product. WaterRower maintains an ongoing testing protocol to ensure accuracy within our findings and compliance with all regulations set by the California Environmental Protection Agency (CalEPA) and its subsidiary, the Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment (OEHHA). Should future test results or edits to manufacturing generate findings in excess of NSRLs or MADLs regulations, WaterRower will ensure strict adherence to Proposition 65 warning requirements. If you have any questions,please contact us.
- What are the weight/height limitations?